Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sepia Scenes 30/8 : My 1930's House

Play Sepia Scenes with Mary the Teach on Thursdays

Sepia Scenes is a brand new Meme that Mary the Teach, over at Work of the Poet.com has just started. Mary is also the organiser of the Ruby Tuesday Meme. The new meme consists of posting a photo you must have taken yourself, it can be any subject, but it must be tinted sepia. Easy to do in a photo editor. Mary will open the Mr Linky list up from Thursday every week, but you can add your entry any day after that. For more info and to get involved pop over to the Sepia Scenes HQ. For my first post I've got a photo of my 1930's semi that I took last year, pity the Safira was parked in the drive at the time, but I think it works well in sepia. I've also used it for my Sepia Scenes badge.

I got the aged look by uploading the original colour version to a great Japanese website HERE which is very easy to use & has an English version (top right hand corner). Just choose to upload a photo from your computer or one on the web, Photobucket or Flickr for instance, then just put in the URL, press a button and it comes back with a great black & white version with a really good aged effect (you will need to have Flash installed on your PC). You can then give it a sepia tone in your photo editor. I use Photoplus X2 from Serif, which is compatable with Photoshop.



9 comments:

Robin said...

It's a lovely house, and I really like the aged look you've given the photo.

Anonymous said...

You've made a real vintage photo..
Nice work..

Anonymous said...

I like how the sepia "treatment" seems to age everything and give it an old-fashioned flavor.

Leora said...

An interesting effect: a modern house, modern car, but it looks 19th century with the sepia. Nice!

Carletta said...

How nice to live in the perfect house to have the perfect subject for a sepia post!
Take that car away and it would definitely be hard to tell it really wasn't old.
Nicely done.

Askew To You said...

You have a lovely house and the sepia makes it look even more charming. :D

I'm at www.askewtoyou.blogspot.com

Dianne said...

I love the windows on your house!! so many and such great shapes.

the vintage looks came out great.

Kahshe Cottager said...

It turned out so well, it was easy to ignore the car! Your blog looks interesting so I am off to look through more of it!

Gemma Wiseman said...

What an amazing effect! Love the style of those windows!