Monday, August 04, 2008

Of Bling & Blogs, Peacocks & Weddings!

I hope you like the new look of the Blog.I've had it cream for a while which I was bored with and was playing around with new looks over the weekend. I had put together what I thought was an elegant and restrained colour scheme involving beige and cream diagonal stripes. At the precise moment I finished, Hubby walked past. "What do you think?" I asked.

"That is just so boring, I really hate it, it's just not you, you should have more bling!" was his reply. Needless to say I wasn't best pleased. I had spent several hours assembling all the components and adjusting the html.But it got me to thinking - and I realised he was right. Restrained is not really me:-) So I decided to go with it and pull out all the stops. The obvious answer that came to mind was peacock feathers - you cant get much more blingy than that. Besides peacock has always been my favourite colour. I got married in a velvet outfit that colour, and even the Rolls Royce wedding car I hired was that colour! Most of the carpets in our previous house were also a lovely rich peacock/turquoise colour.

So I knuckled down and this is the result after several more hours searching for the right background pic, the right shades and combos of colours and making all the relevant changes to the html code, testing & retesting until I was happy with the finished effect. Very bling, very me :-) I hope you all like it.









DigiGuide, the best TV guide

No comments: