Saturday, April 09, 2016

Now you can finally see your SD Card files on the GEAR VR if you have an S7 or S7 Edge

At last Samsung have solved the problem of how to see movie files stored on the SD card in S7's on the GEAR VR!.
Switched mine on this morning and went to the Oculus Videos menu in the Gear, clicked on the My Movies button and there they all were - definitely weren't there last night so must have done an update overnight. So now I can see the movie files I created from my 3D & 2D Bluray discs all in 3D in the Oculus theatre without having to copy them to the phones storage every time I wanted to watch one. So far have converted Avengers:Age of Ultron, Guardians of the Galaxy, Maleficent, San Andreas & Mrs Brown's Boys (yes really!) and they all work beautifully. The only one I've not been able to convert was Jurassic World, no idea why. They need to be in a folder called Movies on the SD card and if they are 3D a subfolder just called 3D within the Movies folder.

No comments: